There has been quite a panic generated by a news story regarding the fungal infection, Cryptococcus. Just to let you know the facts:
1) The spores are EVERYWHERE and most people and pets (cats and dogs and ferrets) NEVER get disease. This disease is extremely rare. In fact on study showed that 14% of dogs have it in their noses and never get sick.
2) This is TREATABLE. You can cure this infection by giving medication.
3) If you are worried about your pet there is a BLOOD TEST to check for infection.
4) Signs vary quite a bit and there is no known pattern of signs for this disease.
5) ANY breed or age can get sick BUT this rarely happens.
For more info call 250-723-7341.